Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One of the most difficult parts about being a military wife is understanding and respecting your husband.  But lets be honest, sometimes it is okay to let them have it.

Right now my husband is at a 5 ½ month training about 1500 miles away from home.  I absolutely 100% support and respect what he is doing about 90% of the time.  The other 10 % of the time, which is usually occupied at whatever hole in the wall bar he and his “buddies” can find to watch the game, is a different story. 

On a normal day, receiving a phone call from my clearly intoxicated husband where he is absolutely making me the butt of the joke on speakerphone wouldn’t upset me.  However, even my halo looses its shine.

Last week, E & O took it upon themselves to make “snowflakes” out of Cheese Its.  There was Cheese It dust everywhere in my living room.  So, I get out the vacuum cleaner to clean it up.  Anyone who has read any of my posts will know that the vacuum cleaner and carpet cleaner are my sworn enemies.  Well, this time, no mold spewed out of it, however it made my house smell like ear wax.  Google to the rescue, or maybe not . . . Apparently if you put cinnamon or coffee grounds in your vacuum, it clears up the smell.  Or your house smells like ear waxy coffee grounds – not pleasant.    To top it off, E swears that something is “on fire” and locks herself in the bathroom.  So I am now covered in cheese it in my ear wax and coffee scented home trying to instruct my toddler how to unlock the door, quite unsuccessfully might I add.

Ring.  Ring.  (Loud noise in the background)  My husband talking way to loud:  “Hey Baby, are Sundays important at our house?”  My reply: a litany of expletives sure to make any hardened criminal blush.  It was at this moment I realized I was on speaker phone.  Whoops.  My husband: “I love you the most.”  My reply: “Enjoy your Daddy vacation.” Click.  In retrospect a little harsh.  And don’t worry once my tantrum was over I called back, apologized, and reminded him of my love for him and all he does. 

I have officially hit my limit and am ready to blow.  It is now past bedtime and E and O have become their alter egos Evil O and Demon E.  They will not leave me alone, not even for a minute.  I very calmly explain that Mommy needs a time out and head to the time out corner, the most dreaded of all corners.  THEY FOLLOW ME THERE.  Okay, I’ll try the bathroom.  Two tiny little pig tailed heads peak through the door.  E: “Are you going pee pee or poo poo?”  And here comes the Mommy Temper Tantrum.  “You need to leave me alone for five minutes, I am not your peanut butter bitch (I spelled it, don’t worry) [This is a long story for another time].  Tears from the girls.  Stomping up the stairs after gaiting it off from me.  E yells, “I don’t lub it when you make me sad.”

That night we again all slept peacefully in my bed after a long conversation about how much we love each other and reassurance from Emma that “Sometimes you make me mad, Sometimes you make me sad, but no matter what you say or do, I will always love you.” (a line from one of our favorite stories)

Moral of the story, we all need a time out here and there.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has days like this. I can only imagine what it's going to be like at the end of the year when we have 2.

    ReplyDelete